Pareto Principle, Take-2
Few years ago, I did a back-of-the-envelop calculation using Pareto Principle to make a list of countries that have at least a million people with a PPP annual income of a million dollars. The exercise gave me 48 countries. Then I ran a rough cross-check and it seemed to check out. Then I wrote down my findings in this post.
That was towards the end of last decade. I am using it now to globally roll out my company, Amura Health.
Today, I used the same methodology to quickly calculate how many trillionaires will be there in the world by end of the current decade, or 2030. Here is what I ended with:
By 2030 the world will have
- 500,000 people with a net worth of $1m
- 100,000 people with a net worth of $100m
- 35,000 people wit a net worth of $1b
- 5,000 people with a net worth of $5b
- 1,000 people with a net worth of $25b
- 150 people with a net worth of $100b
- 25 people with a net worth of $0.5t
- 5 people with a net worth of $1t
- 1 person with a net worth of $10t
Let us see how it goes!